June 29, 2017 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 17V411000
If the driver is not warned that a tire is under-inflated, continued use may result in tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V411
Manufacturer Aston Martin The Americas
Potential Number of Units Affected 319
Aston Martin the Americas (Aston Martin) is recalling certain 2017 DB11 vehicles. The affected vehicles have a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that may be incorrectly calibrated, resulting in the low tire pressure warning tell-tale not illuminating at the required minimum activation pressure. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, “Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.”
Aston Martin will notify owners, and dealers will update the TPMS software, free of charge. The recall began July 18, 2017. Owners may contact Aston Martin customer service at 1-888-923-9988. Aston Martin’s number for this recall is RA-13-0025.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SAFETY RECALL ACTION
|Reference number:||RA-13-0025||Issued: 06 July, 2017|
|Subject:||Incorrect Configuration for TPMS|
|VIN range:||Refer to the separately published list of VINs|
|Applicable to:||All Dealers|
|Distribute to:||After Sales Manager
- Appendix A – Table that Shows the Quantities of Affected Vehicles
- Copy of the Owner Notification letter for vehicles in RA-13-0025
- Copy of the Change of Keeper or Address form.
Reason for this Action (NHTSA Reference 17V411)
Some Aston Martin DB11 vehicles have incorrect coding installed in the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). This means that if the pressures in the tires of the vehicle reduce because of a leak or puncture, the TPMS system will not give a warning to the driver at the necessary minimum tire pressure.
Note: The warning light in the instrument cluster will still come on, but at a lower pressure than the design specification.
This Action is applicable to DB11 built between November 2016 and June 2017.
To correct the problem
To correct this problem you must update the coding for the TPMS.
The full list of VINs for the affected vehicles is on the DCS portal as an attachment to this Safety Recall Action document.
PLEASE DO A CHECK OF ALL VEHICLES THAT ARE IN THE AFFECTED VIN LIST
The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, as amended, provides that each vehicle which is subject to a recall campaign of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the owner has tendered it for repair. Failure to repair within sixty (60) days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time.
If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the owner may be entitled to an identical or reasonable equivalent vehicle at no charge, or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation.
To avoid having to provide these difficult solutions, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each owner and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. As you will see in reading the attached copies of the letters that are being sent to Owners, the Owners are being instructed to contact Aston Martin Customer Service if their Dealer does not correct the condition within three (3) days of the mutually agreed upon service date. If the condition is not corrected within a reasonable time, they are instructed on how to contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
IMPORTANT: We remind you that it can be a violation of Section 30120(i) of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act required under this notice if a Dealer sells or leases a vehicle that is covered by this notice without first completing the repair.
We will write to every owner directly to tell them about this Safety Recall Action. A copy of the letter is attached at the end of this Recall Action for your information. There is also a copy of the “Change of Keeper’s Address or Ownership” form.
When the Owner calls to make an appointment, briefly describe the remedial work which will be done to the Owner’s vehicle and fully explain the reason for this work. Tell the owner that the repair will be done at no cost to them.
Service Reception Desk – Checks you must do before you book the vehicle in.
Please make sure that when you make a reservation for a Customer in the workshop of your Dealership that you also confirm the name and contact details of the customer are correct in Aston Martin’s records. To do this, please do the steps that follow:
- Enter the vehicle’s 6-digit chassis number into DCS(amdealers.com) and click “Validate” (refer to Figure 1).
- Make sure that the vehicle details are correct. If the current owner is correct, no action is necessary.
- Make sure that the Customer name is correct. If the data is correct, then no action is necessary.
- To update the Customer details, use the search feature to find the customer in your Synergy database (refer to Figure 2).
Note: The Customer record and updated details must have been entered into Synergy before you try to transfer the ownership in DCS.
- If the correct Customer shows, click “confirm”.
- If the correct Customer details do not show, click “add new”.
Before you start work
Log on to the Online Dealer Warranty (ODW) system. Do the steps that follow:
- Select the Warranty Live screen (Outstanding Campaigns Status).
- Download the attached VIN list from the DCS Portal and do a check of the VINs in your control.
- Find out if there are other open Service Actions (SAs) or Recall Actions (RAs) for the vehicles in the list.
- List the SAs and RAs and plan the work so that the Owner only needs to come to your Dealership once.
Note: The ODW system operates in real-time. Thus, the online condition shows only the newest Dealer Warranty Claim submissions.
CAUTIONS: CONNECT THE AMDS 2.0 EQUIPMENT TO AN ELECTRICAL SUPPLY WHEN YOU DO THE PROCEDURE THAT FOLLOWS. IF THE LAPTOP BATTERY VOLTAGE DECREASES DURING THE UPDATE, THE UPDATE CAN FAIL AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE MODULE.
YOU MUST CONNECT A BATTERY CHARGER TO THE VEHICLE BEFORE YOU DO DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. IF THE VEHICLE BATTERY VOLTAGE DECREASES DURING THE PROCEDURE, THE UPDATE CAN FAIL AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE MODULE.
Note: Make sure that the AMDS 2.0 software has updated to the latest version. You must have Version 188.8.131.52 or later. The AMDS 2.0 software will need a good Internet connection (minimum broadband speed of 2 Mbit/second) to make sure that the software is updated correctly.
WARNING: DO NOT WRITE CODING FILES TO MODULES UNLESS THE MODULE HAS BEEN REPLACED OR IF YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO BY ASTON MARTIN CLIENT SERVICES.
- Connect the AMDS 2.0 equipment to the vehicle. Make sure that the laptop is connected to an electrical supply during the procedure.
- When AMDS 2.0 has recognised the vehicle’s VIN, navigate to the landing page of AMDS 2.0.
- Select “Read/Write” from the “ECU Coding” drop down list (refer to Figure 3)
- Select “TPM” from the list of available modules and click “OK” (refer to Figure 4).
- Select “Get Coding From AML Server” (refer to Figure 5)
Note: The VIN for the connected vehicle will be shown.
- AMDS will then connect to the AMDS server and download the coding data files for the selected module and VIN. If there are several coding data files, the newest will be opened.
- If the files are correctly downloaded, click “OK”. To write the coding data to the module, click “Save Coding to ECU(s)” (refer to Figure 6)
- When the procedure is completed, disconnect the AMDS 2.0 equipment and the battery charger.
Make sure that you submit your claim in less than 24 hours after the work is completed. The records of your claims are used in the reporting process for the Recall Action that Aston Martin need to submit to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Procedure and Labor Time
|TPM Module Coding Update||0.2 hours|
When you have completed this Safety Recall Action, make sure that you make an entry in Section A of the Vehicle Owner’s Guide to show that the procedure is completed.
Note: Please refer to the VIN list on DCS for the vehicles in your region.
Appendix A – Table that Shows the Quantities of Affected Vehicles in the US Market
Note: Please refer to the list on DCS for the vehicles in your region.
|Model||Registered & AMLNA Fleet (RA-13-0025)||Port & Dealer Not Registered (QN-13-0065)||Build Range (MM/YY)|
|If you have any questions related to this Recall Action, please contact: Aston Martin Technical Services on: +44 (0) 1926 644720, email: [email protected], or contact your After Sales Manager.
The English version of this Recall Action is written in Simplified Technical English to ASD-STE100™.
Copy of the Owner Notification letter for vehicles in RA-13-0025
[Date DD Month, YYYY]
[Customer Address 1]
[Customer Address 2]
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
NHTSA Recall 17V411
This notice applies to your vehicle: [INSERT VIN]
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Aston Martin has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on a range of vehicles that were manufactured from November 2016 to June 2017.
This means that if the pressures in the tyres of the vehicle reduce because of a leak or puncture, the TPMS system will not give a warning to the driver at the required minimum tyre pressure.
The models affected are:
- DB11 Coupe.
WHAT WE WILL DO
We will update the coding for the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) module.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
Please contact your Aston Martin dealer as soon as possible to arrange a date for the repair. They will be able to fully explain why this Recall Action is necessary. Instructions for making this correction have been sent to your dealer. The labor time necessary to complete this service correction is a maximum of one hour. Please ask your dealer if you wish to know how much additional time will be needed to schedule and process your vehicle.
Your Aston Martin dealer is best equipped to obtain parts and provide the service to make sure that your vehicle is corrected as promptly as possible. If, however you take your vehicle to your dealer on the agreed service date and they do not remedy this condition on that date, or within three days, we recommend that you contact Aston Martin Customer Service by calling 1-888923-9988.
If after contacting your dealer and Aston Martin Customer Services, you are still not able to have the safety defect remedied without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590 or call 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
If you have already had your vehicle repaired due to this problem before receipt of this notice, you may be entitled to reimbursement for any out of pocket costs. For further information, please contact Aston Martin Customer Service by calling 1-888-923-9988.
IF YOU NO LONGER OWN THE VEHICLE
If you have sold or traded your vehicle, please tell us by completing the enclosed Change of Keeper form and returning it to us.
Federal regulations require that any lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Global After Sales Operations and Parts Operations
Aston Martin Lagonda Limited
1 Affected Product
11 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 138
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – TSB – NUMBER SC147 (Rev 3, 7/14/2017) DATE June 2017
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-1
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2018-2
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2018-3
Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2018-4
Latest Recalls Documents
- CUSTOM-DESIGNED FOR USE WITH FORSCAN and recommended by the FORScan Team
- DEALERSHIP-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS: OBDLink EX supports all Ford protocols, modules, and advanced features of FORScan
- ELECTRONIC SWITCH allows FORScan to access all CAN buses simultaneously and enables advanced functions not possible with “toggle switch” adapters
- MAXIMUM THROUGHPUT -- up to 20 times faster than “toggle switch” adapters
- ROCK-SOLID CONNECTION avoids data corruption and dropped packets
- FORScan TESTED and RECOMMENDED USB OBD2 Adapter: with labeled MS-CAN/ HS-CAN switch, specially designed for Ford Mazda vehicles, allowing access to more modules than regular OBD2 scanners.
- Dealer-level Diagnostics: read and reset Diagnostic Trouble Codes, view real-time sensor data (PIDs) from various modules on HS-CAN & MS-CAN networks, such as Engine, Transmission, ABS, Airbag, TPMS etc.
- Customize, Program and Service: configure the as-built data of your vehicle, enable hidden features & disable existing features, and run specific tests & service procedures without having to visit a dealer. For example, program keys, disable double horn honk, turn on daytime running lights.
- Supported platforms: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, and Android via OTG (OTG cable not included). Baud rate up to 500 Kbps.
- Compatible with Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury cars and trucks since year 1996, including Ford F150, F250, Ranger, Fusion, Explorer, Edge, Mustang, etc. May also work with other OBD-II compliant vehicles over other software (functions depending on software).
- Includes support for GM's Tech2WIN providing tech 2 diagnostic software to run on a PC with GM’s TIS Tech2WIN subscription and amplifier; software application
- Offers additional J2534-2 coverage that expands reprogramming beyond just engine and amplifiers; transmission support for Ford, GM, Toyota, Volvo, BMW, and some others
- Works with all OEM J-2534 applications, also supports both J2534-1 and amplifier; J-2534-2, helping you get the most out of the OEM application
- Supported Bus protocols: CAN/ISO 15765/GMLAN, 2nd CAN (dual or single wire), Ford SCP (J1850PWM), GM Class II (J1850VPW), Chrysler SCI (J2610), KWP2000 (ISO9141/14230)
- BMW 20-pin connector included
- IMPROVED (2019) VERSION: OHP ELMconfig OBD II Interface is a car code reader, ELM327 scanner and diagnostic scan tool. Running rapidly at max 500 kbit per second, achieve pro-level check engine light programming and coding with the reliable advantage of its USB-connection and the special feature of the toggle MS-CAN HS-CAN switch. (Update: This 2019 version has fixed all the previous issues of the switch and lack of Mod support for newest car models.)
- ACCESS HIDDEN MODULES w/ TOGGLE SWITCH: Enable the desired modifications and troubleshoot all the undesired features pre-set in your vehicle with the faster functionality of the added switch. You can now edit and change settings without having to visit a dealer and pay for each single module to be activated / deactivated.
- TOP ACCESSORY FOR FORD: While this device also supports Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury cars, it is one of favorite tools and accessories sought by Ford owners. It has been flawless in scanning, programming and hiding modules for models like Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, Ranger, S-Max, C-Max, Transit, Mondeo, Fusion, Kuga, Mustang, Explorer, Edge and other cars and light pickup Ford trucks— all from year 1996 and newer makes. Mods for 2017, 2018 and 2019 car models have also been updated.
- WORKS BEST W/ FORSCAN APP on WINDOWS: Access the comprehensive list of Mods on FORScan and apply them to your vehicle for a smart upgrade. Discover Global Window feature, Bambi Mod, Secure idle, Perpendicular Park, Trailer Brake Controller, disabled Double Horn Honk, Disabled Door Ajar Chime, Reverse Tilt Mirros, Tire Size Correction, and many other features. This obdii is also supported by FoCCCus, ELMconfig and FF2. Check our WIFI OBD2 version for your Android, iOs coding preferences.
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE + HELPFUL CUSTOMER SUPPORT: OHP provides all the diagnostic support you might need. The device comes with installation instructions and a full access to our substantial list of FORScan diagnostic resource and car coding information. When in doubt or stuck in endless research, you can contact us. We’ll also appreciate your feedbacks.
- FORSCAN ELM327 Toggle Switch Design: With MS CAN and HS CAN toggle switch, this obd ii interface is able to access and enable the hidden modules, troubleshoot all the undesired features pre-set in your vehicle with faster functionality. You can edit and change settings without a visit to a dealer and saving to pay for each single module to be activated / deactivated.
- ELM327 USB OBD2 Reader: With reliable advantage of USB cable connection and V1.5 version hardware, works more stable than the wireless conenction, achieve pro-level check engine light programming. Supports all OBD2 protocols (J1850PWM,HS CAN, MS CAN, HS CAN2, HS CAN3), this scanner works as a normal OBDII/EOBD/CAN car code reader on most supported vehicles(After year 1996).
- Ford Forscan Hidden Functions: The comprehensive list of Mods on FORScan: Discover Global Window feature, Bambi Mod, Secure idle, Perpendicular Park, Trailer Brake Controller, disabled Double Horn Honk, Disabled Door Ajar Chime, Reverse Tilt Mirros, Tire Size Correction and many other features.You can apply them to your vehicle.
- Ford OBD2 OBD tool: It is flawless in scanning, programming and hiding modules for models like Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, Ranger, S-Max, C-Max, Transit, Mondeo, Fusion, Kuga, Mustang, Explorer, Edge and other cars and light pickup Ford trucks— all from year 1996 and newer. Mods for 2017, 2018 and 2019 car models have also been updated. This code scanner also works for Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury.
- Deserve to Own: ELM 327 obd2 USB Softwares Compatible: FORScan, Elmconfig, FF2 and FoCCCus, Scanmaster plus more. Easy to use elm327 modified tool on all 32 /64 bite Windows(XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 system) computer, install related software and update drivers, connect obd2 interface, then begin car diagnostics.
- RP1210/J2534 pass-thru adapter for diagnostics and reprogramming of light-heavy duty vehicles
- Dual-CAN Bluetooth adapter, includes essential DG Diagnostic software
- RP1210 & J2534 OEM Diagnostic Software Compatibility: http://www.dgtech.com/product/dpa5/oem-diagnostic-compatibility.php
- Note: "DG Tech" and "Diesel Laptops" are the only authorized sellers of this authentic product on Amazon.
- Manufactured and Made Only in the USA-Shipping from Michigan. For additional details visit www.dgtech.com
- Ford ELM327 OBD2 USB Scan Tool:An easy to use obdii diagnostic scanner for Ford & Mazda series vehicles. With MS-CAN & HS-CAN toggle switch will help you conveniently access, diagnose and configure the as-built data of your vehicle. This switch has been improved to smoothly access and communicate with the existing modules in your vehicle.
- Vehicle Compatible : Focus, Mondeo/Fusion, Kuga, S-Max, C-Max, Transit, Ranger, F150, F250, F350, F450 and pickup trucks. Also works with Lincoln, Mercury & Mazda produced after 1996.
- Special Function on Forscan: Discover endless Mods with FORscan and apply them to your vehicle.You can access the Global Window feature, Bambi Mod, reverse tilt mirrors, tire size correction, Perpendicular Park, Secure Idle, 5 turn signal flash, heated steering wheel, disabled double horn honk, disabled door ajar chime, and many more!
- OBDII Software Supported: Forscan, ELMconfig, FoCCCus, FF2 [ Can download the software from official website ] ; Supported operating systems: All Windows versions - XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 [ please install the USB driver before connecting the car ] .
- How to use: Download the software and USB driver, install the software and update the driver, connect OBD2 USB scanner to your car, access your chosen ELM327-based software, and begin the vehicle diagnostics. NB! Does not work on trailers or semis.
- NEWEST ADDITION TO OHP'S LINE OF OBD2 TOOLS: Wirelessly connect this bluetooth device to your vehicle for your car diagnostic needs. The Bluetooth connection is just as fast as WiFi or USB. A universal OBD2/EOBD code reader for advanced and professional code programming. You can access more than default 3,000 automotive codes
- SUPPORT FOR ANDROID AND WINDOWS DEVICES: Equipped with native support for Android phones and tablets, and for Windows computers and tablets. Apple devices are not supported. Check our WIFI OBD2 for IPhone and Mac OS support.
- WIDE RANGING VEHICLE COVERAGE: Works on all cars and light trucks sold in the USA from 1996 onwards: Ford, Mazda, BMW, VW, GM, Audi, Chevy, Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes, Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Suzuki, Jaguar, Land Rover, Cyrysler, Honda and many more. MS-CAN / HS-CAN Toggle Switch is an added functionality to access hidden modules with Ford vehicles.
- SUPPORTS ALL 5 OBD-II PROTOCOLS: Enjoy a bluetooth connectivity for all OBD-II protocols, plus advanced functionality for many late-model GM, Ford and Mazda vehicles. It also supports EOBD, OBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II. Check out Single-Wire CAN for windows control, door locks management, and remotely starting your engine. With Medium-Speed CAN, you can use enhanced PC diagnostic software such as FORScan to access ABS, airbag, and other systems that aren't available.
- COMPATIBLE WITH 3RD PARTY APPS: This code reader is built mainly for FORScan users, but it also works for apps such as Torque, DashCommand, OBD Auto Doctor, and hundreds of available ELM327 based 3rd-party programs. Also check ELMconfig, FF2, and FOCCCUS for alternative enhanced performance modifications, cost saving code programming, and better driving experience.
- Working with OBD2 compliant vehicles. Our ELM 327 USB obd2 scanner supports 9 protocols.
- Quickly send data to your windows laptop from your vehicle in real time.Read and clear trouble codes. Turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light). both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 generic code definitions in the database).
- Display current sensor data, including: Engine RPM, Calculated Load Value, Coolant Temperature, Fuel System Status, Vehicle Speed, Short Term Fuel Trim, Long Term Fuel Trim, Intake Manifold Pressure, Timing Advance, Intake Air Temperature, Air Flow Rate, Absolute Throttle Position, Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims, Fuel System status, Fuel Pressure.
- Note:Cannot work with Forscan.The software installation - DOS and Windows XP 7 8 10 32/64 bit.(Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate Version).
- Please unload your virus protector first when you install the software.If you have any questions about it,please email us.
- ❤【FEATURES】:Our Forscan ELMconfig ELM327 usb switch version covered all functions of normal ELM327(no switch).We modified the ELM327 for HS-CAN & MS-CAN exchange, then this Forscan ELM327 can support Ford series cars (Focus,Mondeo,Kuga,Edge,Exploror,F50,Taurus,Everes, Escort...etc.). TIPS:Some of Focus need Focccus and Forscan software to brush out the data and functions.
- ❤【SUPPORTS】:Our Modified ELMconfig Forscan ELM 327 support all cars in OBDII PROTOCOLS(support cars made after 1996): ISO15765-4 (CAN),ISO14230-4(KWP2000),ISO9141-2,J1850 VPW,J1850 PWM. Additional Switch for HS-CAN & MS-CAN exchange, so the Forscan elm327 can support FORD SOFTWARE: Forscan, ELMconfig, FF2, Focccus. This ELM327 OBD interface is compatible with WINDOWS XP, 7,8,10, suggest WINDOWS XP and WINDOWS 7 system.
- ❤【FUNCTIONS】:This Forscan ELM-327 mainly for brush out program the hidden data and functions from your car(e.g.automatic lock, speed reminder, emergency brake flash...etc). The ELM327 can read fault code and explain the meaning of the fault code. The ELM327 can clear the fault codes.And the Forscan ELM 327 can display the data flow of the sensor (such as speed, water temperature, fuel consumption, etc...). The Forscan ELM327 has very powerful functions,you can study the forscan elm327 slowly.
- ❤【EASY TO USE】:Connect Forscan ELM327 ELMconfig OBD plug to your car OBD socket, and connect Forscan ELM327 usb to your computer; Install the Forscan ELM327 diagnostic software and USB driver on your computer; Use the diagnostic software to connect the car ECU and read the data. Our package included the software, also you could download the software from internet,we can provide the download link.
- ❤【QUANLITY】: This Forscan ELM327 has been tested by us for long-term, it is stable performance,you can safely selected.The Forscan ELM327 is just a tool to open the hidden data and functions which blocked by the factory, and the Forscan ELM327 will not change the data of your original car. But you can use the software to back up your original car data before activating the hidden function.This Forscan ELM327 is a self diagnostic tool,not suitable for car repair shop
Last update on 2020-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API