June 29, 2017 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 17V411000
If the driver is not warned that a tire is under-inflated, continued use may result in tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V411
Manufacturer Aston Martin The Americas
Potential Number of Units Affected 319
Aston Martin the Americas (Aston Martin) is recalling certain 2017 DB11 vehicles. The affected vehicles have a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that may be incorrectly calibrated, resulting in the low tire pressure warning tell-tale not illuminating at the required minimum activation pressure. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, “Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.”
Aston Martin will notify owners, and dealers will update the TPMS software, free of charge. The recall began July 18, 2017. Owners may contact Aston Martin customer service at 1-888-923-9988. Aston Martin’s number for this recall is RA-13-0025.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SAFETY RECALL ACTION
|Reference number:||RA-13-0025||Issued: 06 July, 2017|
|Subject:||Incorrect Configuration for TPMS|
|VIN range:||Refer to the separately published list of VINs|
|Applicable to:||All Dealers|
|Distribute to:||After Sales Manager
- Appendix A – Table that Shows the Quantities of Affected Vehicles
- Copy of the Owner Notification letter for vehicles in RA-13-0025
- Copy of the Change of Keeper or Address form.
Reason for this Action (NHTSA Reference 17V411)
Some Aston Martin DB11 vehicles have incorrect coding installed in the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). This means that if the pressures in the tires of the vehicle reduce because of a leak or puncture, the TPMS system will not give a warning to the driver at the necessary minimum tire pressure.
Note: The warning light in the instrument cluster will still come on, but at a lower pressure than the design specification.
This Action is applicable to DB11 built between November 2016 and June 2017.
To correct the problem
To correct this problem you must update the coding for the TPMS.
The full list of VINs for the affected vehicles is on the DCS portal as an attachment to this Safety Recall Action document.
PLEASE DO A CHECK OF ALL VEHICLES THAT ARE IN THE AFFECTED VIN LIST
The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, as amended, provides that each vehicle which is subject to a recall campaign of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the owner has tendered it for repair. Failure to repair within sixty (60) days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time.
If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the owner may be entitled to an identical or reasonable equivalent vehicle at no charge, or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation.
To avoid having to provide these difficult solutions, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each owner and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. As you will see in reading the attached copies of the letters that are being sent to Owners, the Owners are being instructed to contact Aston Martin Customer Service if their Dealer does not correct the condition within three (3) days of the mutually agreed upon service date. If the condition is not corrected within a reasonable time, they are instructed on how to contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
IMPORTANT: We remind you that it can be a violation of Section 30120(i) of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act required under this notice if a Dealer sells or leases a vehicle that is covered by this notice without first completing the repair.
We will write to every owner directly to tell them about this Safety Recall Action. A copy of the letter is attached at the end of this Recall Action for your information. There is also a copy of the “Change of Keeper’s Address or Ownership” form.
When the Owner calls to make an appointment, briefly describe the remedial work which will be done to the Owner’s vehicle and fully explain the reason for this work. Tell the owner that the repair will be done at no cost to them.
Service Reception Desk – Checks you must do before you book the vehicle in.
Please make sure that when you make a reservation for a Customer in the workshop of your Dealership that you also confirm the name and contact details of the customer are correct in Aston Martin’s records. To do this, please do the steps that follow:
- Enter the vehicle’s 6-digit chassis number into DCS(amdealers.com) and click “Validate” (refer to Figure 1).
- Make sure that the vehicle details are correct. If the current owner is correct, no action is necessary.
- Make sure that the Customer name is correct. If the data is correct, then no action is necessary.
- To update the Customer details, use the search feature to find the customer in your Synergy database (refer to Figure 2).
Note: The Customer record and updated details must have been entered into Synergy before you try to transfer the ownership in DCS.
- If the correct Customer shows, click “confirm”.
- If the correct Customer details do not show, click “add new”.
Before you start work
Log on to the Online Dealer Warranty (ODW) system. Do the steps that follow:
- Select the Warranty Live screen (Outstanding Campaigns Status).
- Download the attached VIN list from the DCS Portal and do a check of the VINs in your control.
- Find out if there are other open Service Actions (SAs) or Recall Actions (RAs) for the vehicles in the list.
- List the SAs and RAs and plan the work so that the Owner only needs to come to your Dealership once.
Note: The ODW system operates in real-time. Thus, the online condition shows only the newest Dealer Warranty Claim submissions.
CAUTIONS: CONNECT THE AMDS 2.0 EQUIPMENT TO AN ELECTRICAL SUPPLY WHEN YOU DO THE PROCEDURE THAT FOLLOWS. IF THE LAPTOP BATTERY VOLTAGE DECREASES DURING THE UPDATE, THE UPDATE CAN FAIL AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE MODULE.
YOU MUST CONNECT A BATTERY CHARGER TO THE VEHICLE BEFORE YOU DO DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. IF THE VEHICLE BATTERY VOLTAGE DECREASES DURING THE PROCEDURE, THE UPDATE CAN FAIL AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE MODULE.
Note: Make sure that the AMDS 2.0 software has updated to the latest version. You must have Version 220.127.116.11 or later. The AMDS 2.0 software will need a good Internet connection (minimum broadband speed of 2 Mbit/second) to make sure that the software is updated correctly.
WARNING: DO NOT WRITE CODING FILES TO MODULES UNLESS THE MODULE HAS BEEN REPLACED OR IF YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO BY ASTON MARTIN CLIENT SERVICES.
- Connect the AMDS 2.0 equipment to the vehicle. Make sure that the laptop is connected to an electrical supply during the procedure.
- When AMDS 2.0 has recognised the vehicle’s VIN, navigate to the landing page of AMDS 2.0.
- Select “Read/Write” from the “ECU Coding” drop down list (refer to Figure 3)
- Select “TPM” from the list of available modules and click “OK” (refer to Figure 4).
- Select “Get Coding From AML Server” (refer to Figure 5)
Note: The VIN for the connected vehicle will be shown.
- AMDS will then connect to the AMDS server and download the coding data files for the selected module and VIN. If there are several coding data files, the newest will be opened.
- If the files are correctly downloaded, click “OK”. To write the coding data to the module, click “Save Coding to ECU(s)” (refer to Figure 6)
- When the procedure is completed, disconnect the AMDS 2.0 equipment and the battery charger.
Make sure that you submit your claim in less than 24 hours after the work is completed. The records of your claims are used in the reporting process for the Recall Action that Aston Martin need to submit to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Procedure and Labor Time
|TPM Module Coding Update||0.2 hours|
When you have completed this Safety Recall Action, make sure that you make an entry in Section A of the Vehicle Owner’s Guide to show that the procedure is completed.
Note: Please refer to the VIN list on DCS for the vehicles in your region.
Appendix A – Table that Shows the Quantities of Affected Vehicles in the US Market
Note: Please refer to the list on DCS for the vehicles in your region.
|Model||Registered & AMLNA Fleet (RA-13-0025)||Port & Dealer Not Registered (QN-13-0065)||Build Range (MM/YY)|
|If you have any questions related to this Recall Action, please contact: Aston Martin Technical Services on: +44 (0) 1926 644720, email: [email protected], or contact your After Sales Manager.
The English version of this Recall Action is written in Simplified Technical English to ASD-STE100™.
Copy of the Owner Notification letter for vehicles in RA-13-0025
[Date DD Month, YYYY]
[Customer Address 1]
[Customer Address 2]
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
NHTSA Recall 17V411
This notice applies to your vehicle: [INSERT VIN]
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Aston Martin has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on a range of vehicles that were manufactured from November 2016 to June 2017.
This means that if the pressures in the tyres of the vehicle reduce because of a leak or puncture, the TPMS system will not give a warning to the driver at the required minimum tyre pressure.
The models affected are:
- DB11 Coupe.
WHAT WE WILL DO
We will update the coding for the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) module.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
Please contact your Aston Martin dealer as soon as possible to arrange a date for the repair. They will be able to fully explain why this Recall Action is necessary. Instructions for making this correction have been sent to your dealer. The labor time necessary to complete this service correction is a maximum of one hour. Please ask your dealer if you wish to know how much additional time will be needed to schedule and process your vehicle.
Your Aston Martin dealer is best equipped to obtain parts and provide the service to make sure that your vehicle is corrected as promptly as possible. If, however you take your vehicle to your dealer on the agreed service date and they do not remedy this condition on that date, or within three days, we recommend that you contact Aston Martin Customer Service by calling 1-888923-9988.
If after contacting your dealer and Aston Martin Customer Services, you are still not able to have the safety defect remedied without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590 or call 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
If you have already had your vehicle repaired due to this problem before receipt of this notice, you may be entitled to reimbursement for any out of pocket costs. For further information, please contact Aston Martin Customer Service by calling 1-888-923-9988.
IF YOU NO LONGER OWN THE VEHICLE
If you have sold or traded your vehicle, please tell us by completing the enclosed Change of Keeper form and returning it to us.
Federal regulations require that any lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Global After Sales Operations and Parts Operations
Aston Martin Lagonda Limited
1 Affected Product
11 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 138
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – TSB – NUMBER SC147 (Rev 3, 7/14/2017) DATE June 2017
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-1
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2018-2
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2018-3
Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2018-4
Latest Recalls Documents
- Programmable 3-in-1 automotive trip computer, diagnostic scan tool, and up to 37 digital gauges in one (vehicle dependent)
- Watch fuel consumption, cost-per-mile, coolant temperature, engine speed, horsepower, and much more in real time. No Batteries Required
- Works on all 1996 or newer OBDII cars, including gas, diesel, propane and hybrid vehicles; Simple 5-button operation allows you to quickly and easily access the powerful features of the ScanGauge.
- Checks for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), clears the codes, and can turn off the "Check Engine" light
- No tools required for installation, small size fits nearly anywhere in the vehicle. Color backlight display
- 16Pin MINI VCI OBD2 USB Interface Scan Cable for Toyota - MINI VCI for TIS Techstream supports TIS OEM diagnostic soft ware and all the diagnostic communication protocols needed for Toyota since 1996, for diagnose, coding etc.
- PURCHASE NOTES - Mini VCI diagnostic cable compatible with (32bit/64bit) Win XP/ Win7/ Win 10, and the installation need uninstall the Firewall and defender need to be closed in case it damages the software. = = = = If the 64-bit driver automatically disappears when you install it, it means that the computer's firewall and all anti software have not been closed or exited, please check these two places again and install again.
- 16Pin OBD2 MINI VCI Diagnostic USB Cable Supported Protocols - K-Line ISO 9141, KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4, SAE J1850 PWM, SAE J1850 VPW, CAN 2.0B ISO 11898, CAN ISO 15765-4. Firmware version is V1.4.3, Techstream version V15.00.026.
- MINI VCI Cable Diagnostic Test Scanner Function - MINI VCI check engine light shut off, multi-language interface, freeze frame displays, internet updateable, user friendly and others function, heavy duty thick-shielded cable for best test results.
- What You Will Get - We offer mini VCI J2534 cable 24 month service, any questions about OBDII cable converter adaptor, please contact us, the Techstream software will be sent to you by Email, we will reply you within 12 hours. You will get a MINI VCI cable scan tool, with CD inside the package, include 1. Mini VCI Driver for TOYOTA _1.4.3. Techstream_Setup_V15.00.026. // TS_loader // The drive of 32bit.msi and 64bit.exe // The path // Install Video = please watch twice
- 🚗【Advanced J2534 ECU PROGRAMMING】: Autel diagnostic scanner MK908P comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant Pass-Thru interface, which allows you to program ECUs for Benz/BMW . This helps to update the existing software/firmware of your vehicles, and fix software-controlled drivability & emission issues. Sounds complicated, but this is easy to do and we are 24 hours here for help. Any questions, contact [email protected] for help.
- 🚗【Same as Maxisys Elite, Updated of Maxisys Pro】: With just the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, upgraded of MS908S PRO, MS908E, Autel scan tool MK908P is much more cost-effective. OE-level obd2 scanner MK908P supports coding functions on 98% vehicle makes. The online coding is compatible with VW & Audi & Porsche & Benz/BMW, and its online configuration for Renault is unique among diagnostic industries.
- 🚗【Advanced Special Functions for Professionals】: Full system diagnostic scanner MK908P enjoys 30+ professional service functions like Oil Reset, EPB, BMS, SAS, DPF, TPMS, and IMMO Service, etc. Besides, MK908P has guided functions which are covered for VAG group. Power balance and offline coding can be supported on Ford. Proxy alignment is there for Fiat. Hiding / customization / personalization functions are covered for car makes such as BWM, VAG, Toyota etc.
- 🚗【Wide Vehicle Coverage for Repairing Shops】: Autel Diagnostic Scanner MK908P has wide vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes, ideal for experienced mechanics and garage to do professional repairing and maintenance. With luxury car makes coverage, basic diagnostic functions and most special/service functions of MK908P are compatible with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Maserati etc.
- 🚗【Free Gift of Car Battery Tester AB101】: Priced at 49$, car battery tester is recommended by Scotty Kilmer and BestReviews. It directly detects the battery data and give suggestions on whether to replace the battery. This 12v car auto battery load tester is convenient for you to know the condition of cranking and charging system. Any questions, contact [email protected] for sure.
- EASILY SCAN, READ AND RESET CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS, ABS(Brake), SRS(Airbag & Seatbelts) CODES & MORE - Innova’s 5410 OBD2 scanner empowers the home mechanic with its professional-level functionality. This car diagnostic tool not only reads and clears OBD trouble codes it also provides battery initialization, trip cycle procedures, hybrid diagnostics, and a total module scan on any foreign or domestic 1996 or newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV, or hybrid vehicle. Supports English, Spanish or French.
- THE DEVICE IS GREAT BUT THE DATA IS BETTER - Innova has best-in-class data to help you Find the Problem and Fix the Problem. The 5410 code reader comes with the RepairSolutions2 -- a unique app that gets you the information you need to keep your vehicle on the road. Get verified fixes, find and purchase the exact part required for repair, schedule maintenance, receive technical bulletins, recalls, and more.
- LIVE DATA FOR MORE ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS - With the Innova 5410 OBD2 reader you can see your vehicle’s essential information like RPM, speed, and oil temperature in real time to help identify and correct problems.
- KNOW YOUR SMOG CHECK RESULTS BEFORE YOUR STATE DOES - More than just a car check engine light reader, the 5410 also lets you check your emissions status using the red, yellow, and green LEDs to pre-determine whether you’ll be able to pass your smog test. This OBD2 scan tool can also read and show your oil life display & level helps you monitor your auto’s lubricant status easily.
- DESIGNED & SUPPORTED IN THE USA - Buy with confidence. Our California-based, ASE-Certified Customer Support team is happy to assist you with any questions or troubleshooting six days a week.
- Classic design, fast scan and clear trouble codes, even a beginner can use this unit to read the error code, find out what the problem is and perhaps fix it. Save money and time.
- Works on MOST 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, German, French, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Russian and Portuguese.
- Easily determines the cause of the check engine light. I/M monitor readiness test, turn off the MIL (check engine light) as well as view freeze frame data. Read hard (memory) / pending (intermittent) and historic codes and show definitions.
- The AD310 scanner is well built with a large LCD display (128 x 64 pixel) that has white backlight and contrast adjustment, indicates test results directly. No need any Batteries or Charger, gets the power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle.
- It's equipped with a 2. 5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator. There are 4 buttons on AD310. The Up and Down button for scrolling the menu, the Enter and Exit button allow for navigation back and entering menu.
- Includes support for GM's Tech2WIN providing tech 2 diagnostic software to run on a PC with GM’s TIS Tech2WIN subscription and amplifier; software application
- Offers additional J2534-2 coverage that expands reprogramming beyond just engine and amplifiers; transmission support for Ford, GM, Toyota, Volvo, BMW, and some others
- Works with all OEM J-2534 applications, also supports both J2534-1 and amplifier; J-2534-2, helping you get the most out of the OEM application
- Supported Bus protocols: CAN/ISO 15765/GMLAN, 2nd CAN (dual or single wire), Ford SCP (J1850PWM), GM Class II (J1850VPW), Chrysler SCI (J2610), KWP2000 (ISO9141/14230)
- BMW 20-pin connector included
- Universal Compatibility: Applicable to MOST US-based cars (made in 1996 or later), EU-based cars (made in 2001 or later), Asian cars (made in 2008 or later), and all OBD II/EOBD/CAN-compliant vehicles.
- Smog Check: Clearly shows whether the emission-related systems are operating properly or ready for inspection and maintenance testing; turns off check engine light and resets monitors; views freeze frame data, read live PCM data stream, EVAP system test data, On-Board Monitor test data and display live O2 sensor test data.
- Shows the code and what the code means directly. Able to retrieve generic (PO P2 P3 and UO) manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes, and vehicle information (VIN, CID and CVN). And can store the data you have viewed (DTCs, freeze Frame, live data, etc).
- Supports all OBDII protocols, including ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN (Controller Area Network).
- No battery needed, just plug it into the OBDII port and start diagnosis. Features a 2.5-foot flexible plug and a 7-button panel. Supports DTC look-up, and software upgrade. Supports multi-language display (English, German, Spanish, Dutch, Russian).
- ATOTO AC-4450 Bluetooth OBDII/ OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scanner/Scan Tool for ATOTO M4& A6 Series Android Car Stereo - Compatible with Torque App
- Powerful Check Engine Light Diagnostics — Read and diagnose your check engine light, understand the severity of the issue, and clear that pesky light from your vehicle. FIXD translates your vehicle into simple English, empowering you to make the easy fix in many cases & saving you precious time. FIXD also saves you money by providing you with estimated repair costs up-front, allowing you to feel more confident during those trips to the mechanic
- The Trusted Choice — FIXD is the professional choice proudly designed in the USA by Professional Engineers and ASE Certified Mechanics. Get unlimited access to over 10,000 DTCs. With the App, you'll have freeze frame data, live diagnostic data, and proactive vehicle maintenance reminders at your fingertips. All the capabilities of an expensive Scan Tool at a fraction of the cost
- Easy & Intuitive — The powerful FIXD OBD-II Diagnostic Sensor and the professionally designed FIXD App are the perfect pair. The FIXD Code Reader is light & compact, remaining out-of-sight during your drive. The FIXD Sensor connects to the FIXD App via Bluetooth in seconds, providing you with a suite of resources easy enough for anyone to use
- We've Got You Covered — The FIXD OBD 2 Scan Tool is compatible with all gas-powered vehicles made after 1996 (no all-electric or diesel) and works with all vehicle protocols. Works with iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Go further with FIXD Premium— Upgrade your in-app experience with: Cost and repair estimates from the Identifix database, Unlimited calls to our FIXD Mechanic Hotline for a trusted second opinion and DIY help from our network of ASE certified mechanics, And much more! FIXD Premium is a monthly subscription that is optional and is not required for use of the sensor
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain; two instrument inputs, 1/4-inch balanced jack outputs to connect professional studio monitors; one headphone output with gain control
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit; super-low roundtrip latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE Venomode DeeQ, Maximal 2, and Pivot, plug-ins upon registration and download.
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, Choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration
- Compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher. Frequency response - 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.1dB. Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz. Focusrite now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Focusrite products.
Last update on 2020-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API